Thursday, January 17, 2008

Scenes from my new favourite show Lost In Beijing 苹果. Should I have been in BJ for OIAP instead of the 3months OITP, I could have filmed my own similar version :D lol...
Some background - This show was shown UNCUT at the Berlin Film Festivals. Its banned in China (conveniently the same place where I got the DVD)... cause of the many good scenes (illustrated below) in the movie.
The director 李玉 has been banned from making films in the mainland for 2 years cause of his UNCENCORED creativity and superb filmatography, but well that's life...
Anyway, its NOT a pron film... its a story about the consequences of sex in modern day beijing bla bla bla. I liked the story plot too. About the bugger (the guy whose back faces us in the first picture) who had so much money, but married a wife who couldn't bear him children.
For those of you wondering, the lady in the first pic (who btw seems to be ENJOYING her extra-marital activities with "impotent wife guy") is called 苹果 I guess the movie was rightfully named after her the protagonist. Lost In Beijing is a nice EL title I guess, cause it shows part of Beijing's colourful manly industry.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>