Tuesday, May 4, 2010

As I near the end of my NSF journey, I'm thinking "what would I have done different".

1 - I would have made it more clear that I wanted a combat posting (apparently telling my PS and PC was USELESS. ... ) Obviously, now that I've enjoyed the good life, I would not say the same thing again.

2 - I would have worked harder for IPPT (at that time I was just content with getting Silver for running, losing weight and failing all other stations . SBJ and Chinups are a bitch)

3 - I would not have f*** NL (the ITMS room, thats the only clue) over when we first met in LTO.

4 - I would have tried to treat Cheeks and Koh better (Cheeks was a btich after C3 course though)

5 - BMT ... 2nd BMT was unjoyful for me, I guess I could have been nicer to the people.

6 - A few more I cannot think off hand

When all's said and done, I would not have given up this experience (with Clem, JK, Nick and the bunch) for anything in the world ! [YES, not even a Leica M9 .... 13,000 can be earned. The exp, the interest vested in running, the friendships and the Polar watch (or rather the circumstances in which I got it) cannot be bought]

SMU starts in August, July will be pretty busy for me - packed with orientation(s).

I signed up to be a mentor with MCYC. I hope I passed the initial interview.
Sadly, I just realised (actually I had this inclination for a long time now) that I'm a "baby" in comparison to my other friends, interms of maturity and life experiences. In this aspect, I hope that I can gain back on some lost time through this mentorship program and through being more in touch with God and people. I need to find wholesomeness !

The interviewer actually asked me "think of someone who is a role model in your life" - sadly, I could not. (in this respect of ROLE MODEL, I mean someone I can really confide in and would like to become/ follow) I got "parts" of people whom I would like to mould after [like a jigsaw puzzle], just that noone I know whom I would like to COMPLETELY follow after.

I could get into deeper details, but then I would began to sound gay ... so tts that for now !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>