Friday, September 21, 2007

A week of interesting events.... hmm, btw... yesterday whilst bathing (meaning I was naked in the showers and all :P) I had a thought, a realization or some might say, enlightenment! Ok, I actually realized that I mostly post food pictures on this blog... so I’ll try to take something a little more diverse next time beyond the realm of foodies.

Well, I called this week a week of weirds because of 4 main events. Firstly, I was invited to dinner by one of the managers from another department, cause I guess I had helped to translate some documents for him (some of you may know of it, cause I asked you for help). It felt kinda weird, initially I mean, like eating with a senior just the two of us…. But I guess after sometime it was alright. He wasn’t condescending or anything, and infact I thought it ended pretty alright in the end. His wife came along later towards the end, and she invited me to go over to their place for awhile, but I declined as it was getting late (830pm, I try to sleep at 10pm nowadays) and I had also left the plates and rice cooker unwashed from Monday’s prawn and rice cooking.

Second event, which is not really weird lar, was just that I had to move, from my big’ass private office to a normal office space. (my old place was being renovated, so they allowed me to use the private office :P) So that was not actually weird at all…. The third was the fire drill, I was apparently lucky enough to participate in the company’s supposed once a year fire drill. There were like colleagues who were taking videos of us during the drill, imagine that. I guess they did that so that they can watch it later to interpret any wrong moves.

So anyways, when the bell suddenly rang at about 4pm, the whole office moved down IN AN ORDERLY fashion, and cluster f*cked at the grassy knoll infront of the factory and office buildings (ok, it wasn’t a knoll, more of a slope). We took attendance, and then after the drill, proceeded to collect mooncakes which the company was giving out for free to its employees, that’s when we (me and another colleague incharge of collecting the departments stash) realized that my name wasn’t on THE LIST. (though I had already half expected that …… and I thought they were my company :P).

Fourth event…. Which makes this week interesting, would be the mooncake festival “party” this evening before after work. It actually seems that the company really puts in resources and efforts to upkeep employee health and happiness.

Haiz….. MOST of TB17 and the COD’s gone for their tour of duty to Vietnam…. Which only means one thing… more missing out on the gossips, booze nights and fun… atleast there’s someone who joins me in this suffering (right CEO..) ... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>