Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Got myself a rice cooker over the weekend too, I've been told that you can cook almost ANYTHING inside a rice cooker, from water all the way to complete meals! Which ofcourse is the perfect cooing tool for me to use. The live prawns were not so live by the time I got home, they were like jumping less, but I'm sure they felt the "sensation" of the 100+ or so degree celcius water :D Anyway, they weren't the only thing that tasted great last night.

My first attempt to cook rice was not paricularly a crushing failure, but it was not a total success either. I had added too much water in it, resulting in a "glutinous" like texture! I had cooked 2 cups of rice, with an unknown amount of water... I followed moms istruction to measure with my finger, but that was to be to little. When I checked and realised that it was too dry, I paniced and added an unknown amount of water, which resulted in glutinous rice :P I had also added a solution of oyster sauce + sesame oil, which was actually not too bad tasting, it actually tasted like lor mai gai, and it even had the texture to it, but it lacked the chicken :P hahas. Gambatte neh! Will try again this weekend or whenever my big heap of "lor mai fan" is finished...

Ate at this place called "EASYPAY" on saturday, it was one of the more upperend cafetaria's, aside from the usual grutty little place I normally take my dinner at (ofcourse, any place is probably better then company's canteen if I want to enjoy my meal, though company does make it more fun than eating alone). Anyway, this place served western meals as well as chinese meals, imagine that. Steaks, spaghetti's and hor fun... I opted for a hor fun and a basket of fries :P

One unusual dish I did have, was cold noodles. Literally, this bowl of soup nodles was cold!, and to top it up, it had raw vegetables and the strong taste of vinegar.... thanks for the beef slices, or I'de have pushed this dish aside...... There was ofcourse dumplings to ease my "suffering" :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>