Saturday, September 1, 2007


The word Ratatouille comes from "touiller," which means to toss food.

It uses only zucchini (courgettes), tomatoes, green and red peppers, onion, and garlic. The dish known today as Ratatouille adds eggplant to that mixture.
As taken from Wikipedia, never thought that a simple dish of vegetables can inspire such a nice movie.. like the guy(who came up with the idea) was eating this at a street side when he spotted a rat? Anyway, my week of NO HOLES BARRED fun and enjoyment comes to an end with this movie @ Marina Square with the COD (partial). I must admit, that the storyline was quite captivating, as well as the occasional "emo and funny" parts of the movie. Some of the "words of imspiration" like "we are limited only by our soul" and something along the lines of "only the brave can become the greatest chef".
This movie kinda appealed to me, because not so long ago, I was actually contemplating a career in cooking .. but because of the negative image of Shatec and also cause I saw thought about it (a life in a hot stuffy and sweaty kitchen being shouted at especially in the beginning) and my dad not really willing to send me abroad to study cookery, this "dream" sort of died off slowly. I do however still enjoy cooking :) Somehow, this show, together with hanging out with mums chef at cypress recently, inspired me to cook something soon... but I guess other then simple maggi, I do not really have much time nor desire to do anything else for now :P
I'm happy to say, that I have managed to more or less spend my time most wisely, though the timing was very tight, I managed to meet up with all my friends especially those of whom I had not seen in ages. (Tb29, DS, JQ, gang "c6") thankyou for all agreeing to meet up and have this last fun with me before I head off to PRC to 5+ fcking months... ... I only look forward to March 3rd now, and February 3rd when I reach back home to Singapore (STILL A virgin). hahas. Can have fun, can talk cock and play, but I do know the boundaries !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>