Monday, September 10, 2007

Perhaps I spoke too soon. The canteen lunch today was actaully quite sex, like chilli prawns with vege and tofu (freaking 2 of the 3 choices was my favourite lar), but I don't expect that all the time :P Was like wanting to cook some cup noodles for dinner yesterday and I realised.... the stupid kitchen stove was not functioning (or maybe I did not know how to work it).... So hunger drove me to rush down to the store nearby to get an electrical water heater. The lemon tea I bought was powered.... a basic grotesque mixture of chemicals that tastes like it was extracted from someone's arse.... and the damn tea leaves here are so expensive lar.. 10bux for one 250gm pack and the fancy packaging does not help either...like wth lar....
Anyways, the weekend for me was a blast. Spent my time in ShenZhen which is only like 2hours bus ride form there. Met up with XianLiang and went shopping with the bro, the mom, and aunt and the young cute 10yr old cous. I never thought we could bond on such a personal level (not gay please...) when I first met him.... (RG my indo frend, when's your turn :P) Dongmen is really like and I quote "shop till you fucking drop". The 3 ladies like walked for hours and we only explored like one block or so. We spent like 20+mins or more per shop, but this time, I was happy cause the goods were within my spending capacity :P unlike the zara or topman in sg.... freaking one T-shirt equates to like a quater of my monthly allowance gone and lets not forget photography takes precedence over my shopping list.... Hahas, the Fortune Duck ! A local fashion brand I presume. Sounds more like a cantonese or chinese restaurant to me (like the one we went in Perth's chinatown...)
We shopped from about 2pm when I met them. The streets were crowded, with people across wide age ranges. There were like clothes, shoes, electronic games (PS3 for 3000 RMB! And that is just the opening price mind you) Watches, bags more or less anything to do with fashion and entertainment they have it here.
This guy sells caramel coated fruit sticks? Im not too sure cause I haven't eaten em' before, but we see like lots of it around china. Some even have other fruits like strawberry's or kiwi's (I saw in BJing). Anyway, he was kind enough to let me take a shot of him close up.
This picture I took at about 8+pm! I opened the shutter a little longer to give the fast moving effect, but as you can see, its like 8+pm and the street is still as crowded as in the afternoon.
Ofcourse, wherever you go, Buckies ! is there for you (and Me!) :P Will try em' chinese caramel machiato next time hahas. But the prices are more or less same as in Singapore (atleast the one's in BJing....)
Finally, Mrs Hong and the 2 other ladies had their fill of shopping. This was where we took one of those "illegal" cab services. People who own their own cars basically park by the roadside, and offer to send us to our destination for a fixed price. Hahas. If whenever stopped by the authorities, just say the driver's your new family driver and you do not know his name. Motorcycles do offer such services too ofcourse (took one ride home from XiHu yesterday for just 6RMB! thats like 1.2sing?) hahas.... The place we took the cab from had a nice tower in the backdrop.... now this, next time the Eiffle, and I shall be there with my family and loved ones :)
Anyway, I got myself a nice shirt and a pair of pumas. Was considering getting my dad one with 2 gold dragons and chinese words on em', but the price was wrong and the biatch refused to negotiate (i guess I showed too much interest in it). Anyway, it would have made my dad look like a triad boss hahas.
Was at LouHu on Sunday looking around. Ended up buying one box of china beedees. I like used 3 and I had enough :P I offered the remainder to some guy on the road but he rejected to I just dumped em... and so thats my first self bought beedees.. hahas dumped after 3. I also got an RC helicopter for like 26sing dollars.... cheap as hell I tell ya... but yea, being a green horn I more or less chuied it... the propellers hit the walls and I like powered down the rotors too much when it was in the air, and it came crashing down.. together with my heart.... 26bux is still money after all, but well, I guess this is just one of those things you learn by experience...

Went to Xi Hu 步行街 for some roadside windowing (somewhat equivalent to Spore's chinatown streetside shopping) after work yesterday. Had 酸辣面 for dinner! Really great stuff, and you know what's more greater? I did not suffer any form of stomach upsetation (if there is such a term:P) The level of spice was just to my liking (unlike those tailored for "ang moh's" in some restaurants) and the noodles was new too, was like a cross between rat tail noodles and vietnamese glass noodles? Then there was like loads of peanuts inside! Which gave it that extra crunch and erm... nutty flavour hahas !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>