Wednesday, October 24, 2007

teapots that costs as much as a 1Ds MK2

Ar, so I had time to rewatch the show ratatioulle or what I call (rata-diulelomo). And I so cannot get over the "I thought you were my friend scene" hahas.

Also, I visited this nice tea place called Ten Fu. I dub this place one of the few nice places to enjoy and get away from it all in HZ. I entered through open glass doors, with 2 fu wu yuans standing on either side. Was then led to a table with a teaset on it, teapot, teacups, hot water, drainage platform and all. And was treated to a session of show and tell on tea's, as one of them made the tea and talked about its origins, tastes etc. After tasting the tea and some tidbits, I took a walk around the shop.

The walls were flanked with teas, teapots and posters on tea and tea history. There was also a picture of the Chinese premier who had probably visited this place some time ago. Anyway, some things shoke me up. The teas ranged from 100 to 800RMB per 500gms (thats SGD20 to 160), ahas these guys really take tea drinking seriously... (much like the brits who began brewing up their national drink on the beaches of Normandy on DDay!). I mean, I would probably never pay so much a leaves, unless its for some special occasion. But what really took the cake, was this made to order teapot, costing RMB33800 (SGD6760) ! Yes, I am not joking. This teapot was as expensive OR MORE expensive then Canon's top of the line DSLR.... (see peanut, Im not that crazy after all, aiming to get the MK2). Anyway, I learnt abit or 2 about teas, teapots apparently are yang'ed(seasoned/ matured). The chinese believe that the more you use it, the more its value increases, due to the tealeaves seasoning and cleaning the inside of the pot. So anyway, that was about it for my shocking and interesting trip. Will pay this place a visit again before destination Spore and am looking to get a set for the living hall's marble table!

For those of you who enjoyed the show Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke, Grave Of The Fireflies (Hotaru no haka) is another title to try out. Its about 2 sibblings who was trapped amidst the ravages of the US bombardment of Japan towards the end of WW2 (I was actually happy for those bastards, they deserved it). But ya, my feelings took a 180 degree turn and I sympatized with them a little, sure I don't feel their as innocent as Germany (*grins*), but they are still people after all, and they were civilians not fighting soldiers... So, go on and watch it. The starting part already intrigued me , with the protagonist saying "October 25 1945 (can't really remember the date), this is how I died". Hahas, thats the most spoiler you're gonna get for now. Go catch it yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

>